Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (Week of 11/17-11/23)

So it has been a while since I have blessed you all with five things from the world of entertainment that fit the title of old Clint Eastwood films. That being said I decided to dust off the segment and bring it live and direct to the Skidatel Newsletter. So without further ado, let’s jump into it.

1. Kanye West’s “Bound 2” music video-I think I was probably one of those people who got that lecture from their mother about saying nothing if you have nothing good to say. This time I may have to ignore that. This video is probably on the long list of Kanye confusions including his Michael Jackson-esque voice during his interview with Kris Jenner and that beef with Jimmy Kimmel. The video is basically a fully naked Kim Kardashian, Kanye,  sketchy shadow coverage, simulated sex, and a motorcycle. About the only thing that will make it bearable is the wild horses running in the beginning.
VERDICT: UGLY




2. Jhené Aiko’s Sail Out EP-The gorgeous Ms. Aiko’s been mostly doing hooks for rappers and building a fan base to amazing returns. Her EP Sail Out is a contributing force to that. In a word: amazing. An upcoming review will elucidate just how amazing the project is. With features from Childish Gambino, Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, and Vince Staples it is a strong project.
VERDICT: GOOD




3. “Up Down”-I stated once that I love T-Pain, right? As such his latest single “Up Down” featuring B.o.B. has been hitting all the right notes for me. The video is even relevant to the song (please take notes, Kanye). It makes me excited for the upcoming album whenever it does come.
VERDICT: GOOD




4. New albums-2013 has been the year of one amazing project after another. There are too many artists to name but I have been hearing some of the greatest music ever this year but I will say Eminem's album is legit. Hopefully 2014 continues in the same vein.
VERDICT: GOOD




5. Kanye West-True, I slammed his video at the beginning but this needs to be said. I AM TIRED OF THIS DUDE. Genius though he may be (or may imagine himself to be) is a gift that is to be used to help this world. All he does is make odd music for the sake of odd music, impregnate celebutantes, and other acts of complete fuckery. Not so genius now, are you?
VERDICT: BAD



No comments:

Post a Comment