Monday, October 20, 2014

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (Week Of 10/12-10/18)

1. Snoop Dogg-I can't even pretend to care about this. The only reason this made it to the list is because people seem insistent on talking about it. So what Snoop Dogg made fun of Iggy Azalea? It's not like they exist in a culture where rappers randomly beef or...wait, they do. Hearing about this I hear a lot of different shit about it. It's not a White/Black women issue. I truly doubt it's that deep. It's just Snoop Dogg clowning someone. Right now I have a picture of that dude making fun of Martha Stewart of all people. Here's the Instagram post if you don't believe me:



Let's move on people. It was a joke. Not an issue, not a race thing. Please.

VERDICT: GOOD (hell, I found it funny), BAD (if you made an issue out of it)

2. New England Patriots-I know that my boys have had a rough start but right now we are sitting quite nicely on a three (3) game winning spree. For those who counted us out, allow me to remind you: TOM BRADY IS BACK! Amid rumors that he'll relocate after this season The New England Patriots are playing like we actually won some Super Bowls again. From good runs to blocking field goals, this feels like a comeback. We're coming...



VERDICT: GOOD

3. Ebola-Every day we have the Ebola conversation. I understand we should be prepared. I understand it's a dangerous thing. But the panic mongering has to stop. To me I'm more afraid of what tomorrow brings as opposed to a disease that's only symptoms seems to be widespread panic at this point. Be vigilant but let's not go overboard with the fear.



VERDICT: Insert your thoughts here...

4. Iggy Azalea-White, Black, Australian, fake rapping Southern accent, real, or indifferent the question remains: can you ever catch a break? Doesn't look like it...



VERDICT: UGLY

5. Cold weather-It's that time of year again, folks. Halloween is knocking and Thanksgiving is coming with Christmas not far behind. Colder weather is here. That means sweaters, the infamous "cuffing season", Thanksgiving, more football, and the idea that waiting hours on end to get a discount after filling yourself with turkey is a sound idea. Yup, cold weather days are here at last. Autumn, I love you...



VERDICT: GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment